Tuesday 8 December 2015

'I won't be at swearing-in' - Faleke

Bello was presented by the APC as Audu's replacement after Faleke's arguments and lawsuit seeking to be named the state governor.

James Faleke and late Prince Abubakar Audu James Faleke and late Prince Abubakar Audu
(Twitter)

The All Progressives Congress (APC) deputy governorship candidate in Kogi State, Hon. Abiodun Faleke, who asked to be declared governor of the state following Abubakar Audu's death, has vowed not to be be available for swearing in with the governor-elect, Alhaji Yahaya Bello, on January 27, 2016.
Following the supplementary election which took place in the state on Saturday, December 5, the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) had declared Bello winner of the state's governorship poll.
Bello was presented by the APC as Audu's replacement despite Faleke's arguments and lawsuit seeking to be named the state governor.
At a meeting of the APC stakeholders from Kogi West Senatorial District on Monday, Dec. 7, Faleke stated his resolve not to work with Bello, a decision he was said to have communicated to the APC national leadership days ago.
He said: “I will not disappoint Prince Abubakar Audu. I, James Abiodun Faleke will not be there for the swearing in if we don’t finish the case before the January 27, 2016.
“Nobody consulted me before making me a deputy to Bello. Bello too did not consult me. I have made my position known to the party leadership on this. I am not ready to betray and disappoint Prince Abubakar Audu.”
It was resolved at the meeting that he should pursue the legal option to its end.
The tenure of the present administration ends on January 27, 2016.

No comments:

Post a Comment

AM FRANKLYN ENEMONA JOHN. I HAIL FROM KOGI STATE AND A STUDENT OF MOUAU.

Blog Archive