Friday 7 October 2016

Gospel singer arrested for stealing car during church service at Winners' Chapel

A self-Acclaimed gospel singer has been arrested at the Winners' Chapel while trying to steal a parked vehicle in the premises.

The suspect, Samuel Sunday The suspect, Samuel Sunday

A  self-acclaimed gospel singer,   Samuel Sunday, has been arrested for allegedly stealing a Sports Utility Vehicle (SUV), parked in the premises of Living Faith Church, popularly known as Winners Chapel, at Sango-Otta, Ogun State, New Telegraph reports.

It was gathered that the 22-year-old Sunday was nabbed while church service was ongoing on October 2, 2016, after he had successfully broken into the vehicle and was struggling to deactivate the security device in order to turn on the ignition, when the owner of the car, a woman, who saw when he broke into the car walked to him and what he was doing.
When Sunday noticed the woman, he reportedly told her that he had forgotten his car keys, not knowing she was actually the owner of the vehicle.
The woman walked away and informed the church security men who rounded him up before handing him over to police officers from the nearby Obasanjo Police Station.
 Blaming his crime   on the devil and the death of his father, Sunday told the police he was a gospel singer, undergraduate, and a driver.
“I don t know what came over me. I wanted to take the vehicle home. It has been long I left home. I’m behaving this way because my father died when I was very young.
I have not gone to my mother’s house in Lamgbasa, Ajah, for some time. I have been staying with my nephew. I wanted to go back home with the vehicle.”
A police source at the station narrated how the suspect was nabbed:
“The suspect is a car thief and perpetual criminal. We found out that he had moved around the parking lot before he finally saw the SUV."
"The owner left the gate pass inside the vehicle. He wouldn’t have been allowed to drive the vehicle out of the premises without the gate pass.
We also discovered wraps of Indian hemp from him. He went to the church just for the purpose of stealing a car from the park."

No comments:

Post a Comment

AM FRANKLYN ENEMONA JOHN. I HAIL FROM KOGI STATE AND A STUDENT OF MOUAU.

Blog Archive